Friday, May 15, 2009

Female nurses and doctors

I am not going to walk into this minefield - but just going to say it is there.  Interesting article in New York Times about women bullying women at work.  I know it happens in the hospital between nurses and physicians a fair amount.  

The article states, "... male bullies take an egalitarian approach, mowing down men and women pretty much in equal measure. The women appear to prefer their own kind, choosing other women as targets more than 70 percent of the time."  Based on the "workplace bullying institute" - a powerhouse research institution, I'm sure. 

But seriously, there are workplace conflicts between female nurses and female physicians; I am not even going to venture a guess as to why this occurs, but it is there.  If you have thoughts, I'm curious to hear them.  


No comments:

Post a Comment