Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hans Rosling at TED on HIV

You probably have seen the 2006 talk by Hans Rosling on statistics and development - and his tool Gapminder.  If you haven't, Google it.  Anyways, there was a new talk posted this week on TED posted this week on HIV which is pretty good.  He presents statistics most readers of this blog would know (the epidemic in Africa is hetergenous, even within a country the epidemic is variable, concurrency matters)... but I think it's great they finally got around to linking gapminder to UNAIDS statistics.  I wish that was available a year ago when I was making all those charts for a consulting study for a global health foundation I was on by linking disparate data sources together.  

I actually like the interview with Hans Rosling better.  My favorite statistic from Hans Rosling (also a sword swallower) is that "There’s about one sword-swallower per 2 to 4 million persons in each country."  Random.  

No comments:

Post a Comment